Sunday, September 25, 2011

Learning More & More About the Blogosphere!

I am learning so much about the technological resources that are available out there through an online graduate class that I am taking. I can't believe how "in the dark" I've been about all of this exciting new stuff! Well, at least now the light bulb is going on! Better late than never!

I recently joined Google Reader, which is a much easier way to keep track of all of the new posts by the authors of the Blogs I have been following. One Blog I am following is called "Free Technology for Teachers" by Richard Byrne. The link to this particular blog is given below.

http://www.freetech4teachers.com/

There was one post by the author that had to do with an online site that taught lessons for learning 60 languages. He describes this site as containing "self paced" lessons where the students complete activities in the target language using their native language to help them make a comparison. I love this idea because the students aren't engaging in yet another site that "translates" incorrectly, they are actually engaging in a learning process that could be fun! I would definitely use this resource in my classroom. Below is the link to my comment on this particular post.

http://www.freetech4teachers.com/2011/09/pronunciator-lessons-for-learning-60.html#disqus_thread

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

Richard Byrne's blog has a wealth of good ideas. I'm glad you are following him. However, he has so many good ideas, that I recently deleted him from my Google Reader because I just couldn't keep up and began to feel frustrated. The same thing had happened to me with Larry Ferlazzo's blog. However, when I want to know about a certain topic, I know which blogs to consult! Larry Ferlazzo's is fantastic for ESL teachers.