Sunday, November 13, 2011

Photo Shows

I've recently discovered a few great websites for creating photo shows. Some of these include Animoto, Slideroll, and Stupeflix. I tried one of these sites (Stupeflix) and made my own short photo show. This site would only allow me to make a free video if it was only a minute long. I would definitely invest in one of these tools though because this device could be used in so many different ways in the second language classroom. The students could document to the class where they come from, we could use it during content lessons, and we could also use it to showcase what we have completed over the course of the year. It's such a great technology because you can add music, graphics, and text to the photo shows. These are just some suggestions, but, there are so many fun ways that this could be used, and not to mention, it gets the students using some new technologies in their learning.

The video that I created displays some pictures that I took during my annual trips to Nashville, Tennessee each summer. I go down for the CMA (Country Music Association) Music Festival, where you can get a four day pass to see over 30 big named artists perform each day/night. I could have gone on forever with this video, but, since I had a time limit I had to cut it short. The song playing in the background is one of my favorites; it's called "Knee Deep" by Zac Brown Band ft. Jimmy Buffet. My Stupeflix Video.